FAQs » Do I need motor trade insurance if I just repair cars from home?

Yes! If you work on other people’s vehicle to make a profit, it is a legal requirement that you have a suitable traders insurance policy in place.

If you simply work on your own vehicles as a hobby, then you simply need a level of insurance that will cover you to drive the vehicle and cover it should it be stollen.

A road risk policy will typically automatically cover you for storing customer vehicles on your site as well. Should this be for the day or over night, a traders policy will keep you covered where a standard private car policy would not.

When talking to our advisor, it may also be worth asking how much to include public liability and workmanship cover. Although it is unlikely you will ever need it, they are good covers to have that offer you extra protection.

2018-01-21T11:27:36+00:00January 21st, 2018|