FAQs » Who will be covered to drive on a motor trade policy?

Any driver you name on your policy will be able to drive the vehicle for motor trade use ONLY. You will not be able to simply allow anyone to drive your vehicles.

Customer vehicles under your control will only be covered if driven by an named driver who is driving the vehicle for business use only and NOT for personal use.

If you buy and sell cars, it is wise to take out a ‘demonstration cover’. This will allow you to allow others to test drive vehicles you are selling as long as a named driver accompanies them.

With regards to yourself, more often than not, you will be able to drive a vehicle you own for Social Domestic and Pleasure use. If you are a part time motor trader, it is likely you will also be covered under your traders policy for commuting.

2018-01-21T11:23:25+00:00January 21st, 2018|